just introducing my new ride

I think it has a lot of potential, just clean it up a bit

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Like already said, front needs some help. Other than that it's a sick truck! I love the shell on it.

Also...Geoff FTW...that's is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali grille and these headlights ftw
2lh-sie07jm-dp1.jpg

Who's doing the efi tuning?

a local guy around my hometown, I don't even think he is on a forum. but ive seen his work done to other trucks and his truck and its pretty legit!

everyone else! I been contemplating stock front end and new headlights for sure but all in due time, still sucking up to my wife for the initial purchase lol

Plz don't do a smoke tune

lol already been done, well was when I had the ppe programmer on it but since the dpf is removed and the EGR is removed I kinda have to include that in the tune so my EGT's aren't outrageously high

I meant to include this in the original post as well
anyone watch the NBA?

reason for SEMA type mods is because the truck was previously owned by Chris Andersen A.K.A Birdman... currently plays for Miami heat
anyways he built it as a show truck supposably and hardly every drove it around? that's what I was told by the dealership I bought it from what I was told he also owns the said dealership. I was told all that and in disbelief I went home and did a little research, turns out it was all true....

Anderson is trash. And so are smoke tunes.

not saying im a fan of the guy? just saying whose truck it previously was.
as far as the tune goes its either that or replace dpf/egr and I happen to like it without those. you don't do the tune for the smoke there are so much more added benefits besides the smoke. the smoke is just part of it when you remove those parts.

not saying im a fan of the guy? just saying whose truck it previously was.
as far as the tune goes its either that or replace dpf/egr and I happen to like it without those. you don't do the tune for the smoke there are so much more added benefits besides the smoke. the smoke is just part of it when you remove those parts.

So you are saying you can't tune a truck to not smoke when removing dpf/egr?

So you are saying you can't tune a truck to not smoke when removing dpf/egr?

honestly im not sure about that. I have never seen that. the black soot has to go somewhere that's what the dpf/egr is there for. I have never seen/heard of a case where someone removed the dpf the egr or the def and then tuned it to not create the "smoke"

Look up Idaho rob on YouTube. One of the fastest or fastest dmax trucks out there. You only see smoke when he's spooling up at the line.

Don't let a tuner tell you that you can't tune for no smoke. If they do, find someone else because they don't know half of what they should.

Look up Idaho rob on YouTube. One of the fastest or fastest dmax trucks out there. You only see smoke when he's spooling up at the line.

Don't let a tuner tell you that you can't tune for no smoke. If they do, find someone else because they don't know half of what they should.

yea I have talked to Idaho rob before his truck is badass.
my tuner hasn't told me he could not tune for no smoke I am just saying I have never heard of someone doing that tune. I have never asked my tuner for that.
I "personally" like the smoke lol it doesn't bother me and mine really doesn't smoke a whole lot unless I get on it pretty good. now that I have the programmer off it smokes a lot but as soon as I get the efi live sometime this week that all will be toned back down

With twin turbos and it still smokes? That's silly with a stock fueled truck and twins. My CC won't smoke with my 68mm even if I try in my bigger tune. Even if I step on on from a dead stop.

I tuned an LMM with a lift pump and dual CP3's with a 68mm cheetah and it never smoked either :shrug:

That soot is just partially burned fuel and more heat and higher EGT's.. not good.

Your truck though I suppose.

With twin turbos and it still smokes? That's silly with a stock fueled truck and twins. My CC won't smoke with my 68mm even if I try in my bigger tune. Even if I step on on from a dead stop.

I tuned an LMM with a lift pump and dual CP3's with a 68mm cheetah and it never smoked either :shrug:

That soot is just partially burned fuel and more heat and higher EGT's.. not good.

Your truck though I suppose.

Almost identical to my truck ^^ dual cp3 lift pump etc.
it smoked with the ppe programmer idk wth it's gonna do with the efi live
But I'm also a newbie when it comes to diesel rigs.. I'm doing a lot of reading studying and experimenting lol so all you diesel guys give it to me lol I'm open to any and all advice