How do yall neers setup ur helpers?

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
Im in the process of adding OBA to my truck and was wondering if u guys with helpers had valves going to them. Im wanting to just hit a button and air up or down on the fly. Pics would be awesome too

ended up getting this lil fella

20140110_153511.jpg

shitty pics and wires just dangling but u neers get the idea

31477.jpeg

You can see the C-channel i used to mount the tank...its bolted to the spare tire hoist plate and then the tank is bolted to that. Did it C facing down cuz theres a welded nut up there and I wouldnt get it out :shrug:
I also made mouting brackets for the viair mount...just simple flat stock, bent 90* and bolted to the frame. The back side is bolted to the hitch, which I had to drill into. Mount is SOLID as fuck, viair makes good stuff. You can also see the valve manifold, thats used to fill and dump my helpers. It has ports for pressure sensors and thats where I plumbed mine for the bags. Peep the remote mount filter too :secret:

31480.jpeg

Here u can see the space, or lack of for valves n stuff. I plugged the port closest to the exhaust since I didnt want anything close to it. Then I have my 1/2" valve, tank pressure sender and a 1/4" 90* PTC fitting for the valve manifold. Tank has another fitting up top but I didnt use it and another on the leader hose end thats also plugged atm...ill probably add a remote quick disconnect later.

I'll get pics of the horns and finished install later. I finished this morning around 3am :yawn: But they dont hang lower than the hitch and are pretty much hidden from anywhere u look at it.

As far as wiring the compressor, I tapped into the 7-way harness constant power wire. All you gotta do is add a 30A fuse in the fuse box under the hood. My truck had a dummy maxi fuse in place, just pulled it out and replaced with a real one...BAM have power back there. For ground I just scraped on one of the crossmembers and used a self tapping screw. Relay is a 70A I got from ebay a while back when I did efans on my old ranger...they never failed me so I used my spare for this install...will carry a spare one with me tho. Everything is loomed and taped up, dnw any wires dangling :crossarms:

forgot the switches and gauge
20140129_070712.jpg

20140116_211146.jpg

there we go

Last edited by a moderator:
aboot 4fiddy

lets see
444c - $160
Valve- $60
Switches- $40
Gauges- $90
AVS Plate- $20
Comp Mount- $25
Misc Fittings- $40
10/16ga 100' spools- $20

There aboots

For helper bags having a tank and compressor is super overboard. If tour planning for air ride later, then great.

I have air lift wireless kit. Works flawless. Has remote and pre sets, works amazing