Hey guys, just joining the forum

Just installed the c-notch and a 1 inch lowering shackle. They had to weld in shock extenders for my air shocks. Rides great. Had to actually go lower in the rear to raise up the rear to be level so I could use the air shocks/notch so it wouldn't bottom out. With just the flip kit installed, and no air, the bed sad almost level(1/2 inch higher than front) and would bottom out like crazy. So now it's perfect. Without air in the shocks, the pumpkin actually hits the bed before the axel/frame. If I want to go any lower I have to cut out the bed, and I don't think in going to do that. I think in done with suspension. 6in front 8.25 in rear

Last edited:
utebuga3.jpg

Anyone interested in color matching their 07-13 nnbs silverado, sierra, eky, avalanche door handles and mirror caps here is the list.
zuhahade.jpg

Also, I live in San Diego, and asked my suspension guy if he could recommend anyone who could color match my front grille/bumper and rear chrome bumper. There is a guy out here who does tons of color matching with a 2 year warranty. $600 Loose cannon paint. Ask for nick. They are located in Kearney Mesa.

Shocks completely "aired out" in rear. Truck sits level when "aired up"
pe7y2u6a.jpg
the pumpkin is about 3/4" from truck bed when aired out. Sucks have to notch the bed now.

Looks great, getting better everyday. The more I look at it I think you should do the GMC emblem black, especially since you have the chrome grill bars. Are the air shocks you're using monroe?

Looks great, getting better everyday. The more I look at it I think you should do the GMC emblem black, especially since you have the chrome grill bars. Are the air shocks you're using monroe?

Not sure. There just all black. Just put on color matched mirror caps today. I will let you know tomorrow.

Have a question to all those nnbs lowered 4/7 or lower. I'm running 275/45/20s right now, but am in the market for 24s. If I run a 30 series tire, how much of a ride quality am I going to loose? Would it be better to get 22s"? With that low of a drop? If I got 24s how important would it be for bigger brakes?

You wouldnt have to worry about bigger brakes..it's hard to say how much ride quality you will lose, it more depends on how your roads are. If you have smooth roads then they wont ride noticeably different but if you have shit roads then obviously less sidewall is gonna be rougher

just throwing this out there. helper bags would be a lot better for you than air shocks. and hold up better as well

For sure. The place that lowered my truck gave me the option of reg dropped shocks or air shocks for the same price. My plans are to lower it more using the other hole in the shackle, do some cutouts to get more clearance get helper bags and an on board compressor and lower it. But that's going to be $500 for bags, compressor, install plus $200 for bed mod.