Help! Rotor started smoking!

JRLZ71

Cocaine Blues
Mar 27, 2012
North Dallas
So about 3 months ago I changed my break pads out. Everything was perfect up until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed a terrible squealing when slowing down. I figured it was probably from the dirt and pollen because that was the issue in the past. Anyway, today I was pressure washing my truck, and when I hit the wheel, the fuggin' wheel well fills up with smoke (a light grayish color). I got closer and hit it with water again, and sure enough smoke was coming from the rotor. Really don't know what the hell it was. Any help is much appreciated.

Horry Sheet, I got nervous lol. I guess that's what I get for neglecting my truck for the last 2 months. So ready to get out of school, so I can give it some much needed TLC. Thanks bras!

yeah, but....why is it getting that hot? that would be my concern, possibly a caliper taking a shit??

you try grabbing a metal disc to slow down 4000-5000 pounds, look at race cars, the brakes will glow red, it normal thats also why brake caliper paint is good to around 1000*

Yeah - you can tell if its overheating or not by just getting close to it. After normal driving they'll be hot but if theyre sticking you'll be able to see the heat waves coming off of it and when you hit it with water it wont be just some steam it'll be like the water exploded.

Experience - just had to replace both of my rear calipers due to sticking.