Help me with my cheap ass audio desires

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I recently a JL sub and qlogic box for $200, but everyone said no, don't do it, so I spoke with a guy from tech12volts and got a price for the Sundown Sd2 10" and ported enclosre for $289

Any thoughts?

01-06 GM HD Crew Cab Dual Downfire Box

Please help me find better shit or deals, not real big on audio, I will be using my old as Kenwood KAC-746

The package deal I posted about in the first post is for a single ported 10" up firing box, the subthumps are not ported, and the guy I spoke to from 12volt stated that sub would do fine with my amp bridged in a ported box, also read that that sub does better ported, on several sites.

Last edited:
I had my box custom made...paid like $120. Fit 2 shallow RF P2s just fine BEHIND the rear seats. Not sure if you can fold down your seats and have them lay flat with that box. All I did was remove the stupid flap behind the seats, remove one resolator tube and stuff hole with foam insulation. Subs were like $80ea and ran 2, amp was like 250-300 iirc, box like I said $120 (Not in mexi btw) and wiring already had. Bumped real good for being a SEALED box...dnw ported...I like the clean, tight sound of sealed boxes. Just measure top/bottom widths and legth, go to stereo shop and have them make for u. They might need to know what cu ft the sub needs and mounting depth...easy once u know what subs u gonna run

Buddy I mine just bought a uts single speaker probox and probox speaker and amp. Not sure how much he spent but it sounds damn good.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

chltd.JPG

yeah, fuck that...remove flap and have fgts build u one...should be easy

not many builders near me, not sure I want to make one, buy the time I buy the tools and shit, I could just have one made, but finding a good builder near me may turn up a challenge.

^^^ fo sho, call up North Texas Audio - guy does bamf work, see what he would build ya one for. A box custom built for the sub you want would be better than buying and shipping an expensive prefab box then buying a sub to match that IMFO.

(940) 382-4135

Fair enough, unfortunately i see no good options for ext cabs prefabbed. They all have like only 1cu ft if air and no ports

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

^^^ fo sho, call up North Texas Audio - guy does bamf work, see what he would build ya one for. A box custom built for the sub you want would be better than buying and shipping an expensive prefab box then buying a sub to match that IMFO.

(940) 382-4135

this buddy of mine just had him build him a box

I can build you one if you need boss bro. Can bring with me to meet. Will do le cheap, even sale you le sub for it.
The one on the right. It's probably all you would need.
4b413a90-22bf-7251.jpg

Hey man, talk to my buddy Skyler Thacker (skylerlt), think yall met at a meet. He's a really good box builder.