Heater issue

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
The heater was working great until last night. I had it on defrost and then later I switched it to head and feet and didn't think about it until I started getting cold. The heater was making noise and went up with the dial but wasn't coming out of the vents, at all. I think it might be the defroster part that switches over. Where can i find that part at?

Did you recently install the stereo or add/remove it?

I fried the HVAC controls on mine twice. The circuits on the back of the controls are exposed and certain antenna adapters and shit can touch it and fuck it up. When mine went bad, the controls seemed like they were off by one setting. So putting it to vents only would make it come out on top and bottom, putting it to mixed would be just at the feet, etc. But since all the circuits are exposed in the back, you could have fried a different part of it maybe.

I got a replacement from the stealership, it surprisingly wasn't that expensive if I remember right.

Just an idea, not positive that its your issue.

Did you recently install the stereo or add/remove it?

I fried the HVAC controls on mine twice. The circuits on the back of the controls are exposed and certain antenna adapters and shit can touch it and fuck it up. When mine went bad, the controls seemed like they were off by one setting. So putting it to vents only would make it come out on top and bottom, putting it to mixed would be just at the feet, etc. But since all the circuits are exposed in the back, you could have fried a different part of it maybe.

I got a replacement from the stealership, it surprisingly wasn't that expensive if I remember right.

Just an idea, not positive that its your issue.

it had the radio already, i have yet to touch it. I've seen "like new" ones on ebay for $35-$50. I think its the heater "flap" that changes from defrost to vents. I just dont know where to find one or what its called.

Ah okay. I thought it was the flaps too until I replaced the HVAC controls and everything went back to normal. After the second one, I taped a piece of plastic to the back to protect it :jester: I'm pretty sure I could see/smell the burned spots on the back of the controls, so you could take a look at them I guess.

I can't help much with the flaps, I never had to fuck with them. :/