good alternator

you just don't get it, so I will let you continue...

If they didn't work, there wouldn't be an option to rebuild and upgrade.

For once just step back and try to understand what someone is saying. They take a housing, and build it to a certain spec, now tell me why an alternator shop can't do the same? Did you not click the first link I posted? Rather than just spouting off, I posted a link with a guy stating how he had his rebuilt. I provided info.

yes, i read the link..,rebuilding the stock alternator for more ,just isnt there,leave it stock,or maybe get the 160 amp off an dmax,or do it big and get an alternator thats made to take abuse

that is a modded stock alternator,its built with intentions,but if you simply re work yours,you wont be satisfyed. That is all

so, what you are saying is, if I took my alternator, and had the same shit tossed in it, it won't work...your logic is flawed good sir. The concepts are the same, whether they build it in the beginning to withstand those parameters, or it is built later on with the same shit.

That guy changes a good bit on the alts,like moving alot of the vital internals outside for better cooling,and different diodes
and has a tiny ass OD pully on it bc it has no idle,and your looking at $350 by the time it gets to your door for a suped up stock alt,for that money ill pick an dc alt,an mech alt,and stinger alt for that price and will be no comparision,over priced

i dont belive the guy that is going to work yours is going to do everything that those guys do over there,ive heard of that company before they make pretty good stuff,basically if all it took was to rebuild stock alts to make monster amps,everyone would be doing in over on ssa,smd,caf,and spl bass,i would personally just leave the stock alt in for you guys,they can easily handle IMO
Hows yalls batteries,and probably none of yall are even big three'd yet.

I'm upgrading mine when it dumps on me, simple as that, cheaper to rebuild and have it upgraded and have a small mom and pop shop stay in business over mass produced shitty rebuilt alternators from Oreilly's and Autozone.

Also, I don't need mine producing 200+ amps. My comments were about a rebuilt alternator being able to do the same as your $500 alt. given the right upgrades. At the end of the day, it's what the unit is capable of, not who's name is on it, or the color of the powdercoat. The guys buying SMD etc are running a LARGER casing 90% of the time, unless my info is off.

Last edited:
rewound stock alternators wont last and dont get the performance they claim. iraggi, mechman, and dc all make good alts. for 1 12, you really dont need a new alt, big 3 and 2 batteries will run that fine. i have almost no voltage drop from changing to my xspower battery. thats the only brand i'll run for batteries.

Last edited:
If i have time tomorrow ill put the aligator clips and meter on my battery and show yall ,just ups and down everywhere,stop at red light it just drops off 14 volts on the cluster and chills around 11-12,when i drive my truck i sit in the yard and idle it at 2k rpm to be able to run my compressors,im worried i might hurt them from low voltage,thats why i hurred up and got the new one on order they said 3-5 days,very straight up guys over @ dc when i caled earlier

rewound stock alternators wont last and dont get the performance they claim. iraggi, mechman, and dc all make good alts. for 1 12, you really dont need a new alt, big 3 and 2 batteries will run that fine. i have almost no voltage drop from changing to my xspower battery. thats the only brand i'll run for batteries.

correction, they won't last long on something they aren't built for. For what JUAN needs it would be fine to have one split open and upgraded.

i still wouldnt run a rewound alt even if it was enough for what i needed. if anything, a large case powermaster would be much better

and with a 105 amp alt, to rewind anything over 160 amps requires a larger case so you'd end up spending a good chunk of change

if they dont change out the stock rectifier, they aren't even capable of handling the increased amperage, ppl run smaller pulleys on them and the stock bearings cant handle the rpms, higher heat generated