Front end parts *NBS*

Bootstrap

:nosewhat:
Feb 8, 2012
OKC
I have an 04' 1/2ton 4wd sierra, recently replaced the idler arm, and a tie rod end that were bad. All my front end parts seem to be tight now, the pitman may have a minute amount of play in it. The movement I'm seeing is a back and forth one mostly, I plan to order the Cognito Idler/Pitman arm kit to help my front end. Anyone have any experience with this kit? Did it help alot? If this kit doesn't fix how loose my steering feels I'm stuck with 35" Tires and can't go to 37" tires and a 3" BL! TRADGEDY!

TLDR: Is the Cognito Idler/Pitman kit good?

It should help keep everythping tight.. keeps from having side to side movement in the idler and pitman

The Cognito kit really made a difference in my steering, worth every penny :imo. Also I just recently installed a heim steering kit and it's super tight now.

What does heim kit do Jrulz? And did the Cognito tighten up your wheel a bit?

The heim kit replaces your tie rods with heim joints which are much more durable and tighter. And yes the idler/pitman supports tightened up my wheel a bit

i haz ffr tie rods
100_1457.jpg

Oh that's cool, do want some, when. Mine wear out ill have some! I hope Cognito kit fixes my issues, should I look into an idler gusswt and new pivit?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Oh that's cool, do want some, when. Mine wear out ill have some! I hope Cognito kit fixes my issues, should I look into an idler gusswt and new pivit?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

The pivet would be my next try after the idler/pitman supports. If that doesn't work then try FFR heim steering.
c6e4e0f5-734a-2f2d.jpg

I replace my idler like i said, The idler support seemed tight, the pitman has minute amount of play, but I'm hoping the supports will take care of that for me. i may look into throwing on a napa pitman arm though since i'll be under the truck. Just worried because I hear horror stories about getting the old one off of the steering box, like people cutting them off. From what i've read you need to take the steering box loose to make the pitman slide on/off.
Also, with my Cognito Support kit I'm hoping i won't run into any clearance issues with my Rough Country steering stabilizer.

You shouldn't run into issues with your stabilizer, if it's in the same location as my stock one in my HD. I only had clearance issues with the pitman hitting the diff drop bracket on my FTS but that only took a small cut to fix. Cognito says their support kit may revive a tired idler or pitman so as long as yours isn't complete toast then I wouldn't bother replacing it. Mine had 95k on them when I put the support kit on and I now gave 140k and never had issues.