Dropping Gpa's 4x4 NBS. Do I got the right idea?

Hey guys, just wanted to update you on my truck. After replacing at least one tire a year due to pot holes and bubbling, not to mention scraping my skid plate on most speed bumps, I decided to raise the truck just a bit. I didn't want to sacrifice fender gap so I elected to go with a taller tire.

A little background on my truck;

2001 Silverado 1500 4x4
DJM UCA & LCA
2500 HD keys
DJM hanger shackle kit & C notch

Old tire:
275/40r20

MoGbSNb.jpg

..with lower control arms and stock keys decranked.

Lowered%20Closeup.jpg

...after adding UCA's and HD keys (notice I had to remove the stock bumper lip, scraped it off the on the first day lol)

20141221_122129.jpg

...and after a hitting a rather nasty pot hole head on.

New tire:
275/55r20

20141226_121652.jpg

I had to raise the front end a bit via the torsion key bolts to gain full wheel sweep without rubbing. During the alignment I actually had to lower the truck a bit to get the camber within spec.

I want to thank everyone that gave input and direction for this project. It's been a reliable and enjoyable DD for the last few years and its thanks to the help I received on this forum.

Haha not gonna be able to drop on 295/55 trails I'm picking up Friday. Now that I have seen that it looks good it might be a plan for the next tires

You could get Sunset Orange Metallic through 2002 iirc. One guy from Western NY had an ecsb that was lowered then lifted in som. Such a sick color. It was more popular on camaro's and firebird's though.

That a stock color or did gramps have it repainted?

You could get Sunset Orange Metallic through 2002 iirc. One guy from Western NY had an ecsb that was lowered then lifted in som. Such a sick color. It was more popular on camaro's and firebird's though.
There was a guy in bossier that had that color single cab stepside, said it was factory, always wondered cause it was the only one I'd seen in that color.

Sent from my poopoo S5

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. So yes the paint is an OEM GM color. My grandfather used this truck for work up until he got sick and was forced into retirement, shortly before his death. I have a special attachment to my grandfather and his truck, due to working with him for several years and even learning to drive on his work trucks. So of course I jumped at the opportunity to help him turn his beater into a nice DD. We repaired the seats, repainted and repaired the truck bed, and detagged the exterior. After his death I continued the work he had started but added my own flare. That's when you see the suspension, respray and wheels.

If anyone was wondering that color orange was not found of my year of truck (2001) IIRC. The orange was applied to cobalts and avalanches around 2005. If anyone has any other questions, feel free.

Last edited:
Nope. Lol. I want lowered dmax.

There's a white RCSB around here with a D-max in it with twins done by Halas, but it looks like he's only about 2/4 drop... and not 4wd.
I was trying to go semi lightweight with mine though, got it almost as light as some guys 2wd... opposite of the diesel approach, lol.

Last edited:
There's a white RCSB around here with a D-max in it with twins done by Halas, but it looks like he's only about 2/4 drop... and not 4wd.
I was trying to go semi lightweight with mine though, got it almost as light as some guys 2wd... opposite of the diesel approach, lol.
Im pretty sure ive seen that one or one just like it on craigslist. Looked bamf. No new vehicles for me for awhile tho

As no project is ever complete, I recently purchased drop spindles. I had to remove the aftermarket UCAs and replace with the OEM to get the camber in check.

20150806_095312.jpg