Driver door open chime/alert when door is closed

DitchWitch

ducksunlimited29 on GMFS
Apr 21, 2011
Anderson, SC
I am having a problem with my door chimes constantly going off when the door is closed. I also am getting the driver door open message but the door is clearly fully closed and locked. In about a 5-10 mile drive it probably goes of 20 times. The dome lights are also staying on as if the door were open. I installed tow mirrors about 5 months ago and this problem started about two weeks ago. The truck is a 2009 ECSB. Any ideas why this is happening? Are the door panels not triggering the pin showing it is closed? Any ideas would be appreciated.

happened to me once on my 04' Started the truck and killed it and it went away. >< sorry i'm not much help..

Dont know if this is much help... but on my old saturn it would kinda do the same thing. While driving the door chime would ding, head unit powered off, all the lights inside the car went out, and after a weird 5 seconds of thinking its gonnna blow up..it all came back on hah.

The problem was just a loose wire somewhere from the fusebox in the car. Forget exact one. But reconnected it and it never happened again. Guess im just saying the obvious, check for loose wire loll

sent from my fget Ally

you probably need a new door latch, I had to replace mine in my 03, same symptoms.