Discussion: LED Interior Changeover

Rock auto sells them as well. Somewhere around $50 or so if I remember right.
I had a guy on another forum attempt an LED install and he ripped the slider off. Then he ordered a new one from Rock auto and had it shipped straight to me to have me do the LED install because he was too scared to mess with it after that. :lol:

I checked looks like $115 + the ride. What do you charge to do the led install on the hvac?

posted using my neighbors WiFi.

Got my cluster done this evening
The hot spots aren't that bad for some reason they show up bad in the pic.
ypavyhev.jpg

posted using my neighbors WiFi.

Just so I know how much for a light switch and A/C panel?

Headlight switch is $35
Fog light/ cargo lamp switch is $20
AC panel is $50
Cluster is $50
4X4 switch is $35
Driver's door window/lock/mirror switch is $40
Passenger door window/lock switch is $30

I only do blue LEDs. And I warranty all my work for 6 months.
Just ask members I have done LED conversions for. Bohall, Jimmy, Ginger, Gannon, James..... and several others.
Steering wheel buttons is $50 for all 4

Yeah they are on the dark side for some reason. Where my OBS is a little to bright. I'm not really happy with the way the NBS cluster looks.

My OBS:

My NBS:

Red is really hard to get the light spread right. It looks OK on the OBS because that cluster uses LED bulbs. With bare LEDs and resistors, its a whole nother animal. That's why I hate doing red. Hell, I hate doing any other color but blue. I have perfected blue son I stick with what I'm good at. :lol:

That was one of the issues when I had the Esky cluster in the Chevy, white guage face and white needles look good but don't really work well together.

you are good with white too scotty.

my white cluster was just as good as my blue one.

BTW i think i need to change the needles in mine. around 50mph i loose the needle and cant tell if im going 50 or 65 lol damn blue cluster blue needles.

IMG_20130818_013600_466_zpsd7230a25.jpg

IMG_20130818_013611_531_zps427ef423.jpg

FU Need to finish the rest of my interior

you are good with white too scotty.

my white cluster was just as good as my blue one.

True, I am good with white. I just hate doing white, lol. I have had a lot of reliability issues with white LEDs for some reason. They all seem to fail very quickly. At the Shreveport meet Matt said the same thing. The guy who did his LEDs said he was having the same exact problem with white no matter what vendor he buys them from. I tried 4 different vendors, and even started doubling up on the resistors, yet i still had a high failure rate. I was losing a LOT of money because i warranty all my work so i had to eat all those repairs. Last white cluster I did I used the strips. Curious to see how long they hold up.
Another problem with white is that the cluster, 4x4 switch, and cargo lamp/fog light switch all have a blue film inside the switch behind the graphics. With white LEDs, they look a light blue color while all the other switches come out pure bright white since they don't have this bluish film. So the end result is some stuff bright white and some stuff light blue. Looks like shit IMO.

Last edited:
With the cluster, you can scrape that film off with a sharp blade. I did that and it's pure white in there. Only bad thing, you can break through the black. I did, but I'm not worried because I'll probably do an overlay at some point.

lol, my interior LED wise is complete.

i got pulled over the other day, i thought for sure he would say something about how bright it is.

never said anything lol

My extended cab was done, I've just been to lazy to start this one, I also need to get more leds. I have TONS of resistors