Discussion: LED Interior Changeover

I'm looking at doing mine soon. Gonna order everything off oznuim, then seem to have good pricing on everything.

^how long did it take ya to do the 06? Trying to plan out my mods and the time involved

For the whole project on my first try (while learning to solder) it took me about 12 hours, I took my time and didn't want to mess something up.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I was talking about the lights on all of the 06. Have a bad bulb in the auto climate controls, 4x4 buttons, and steering wheels buttons, one bulb bad in each of the four controls.
Also how do you get the steering wheels buttons out to change them?
And I used oznium leds on my '02, been there about 2 years and not one problem from them.

Sorry guys I was talking about the lights on all of the 06. Have a bad bulb in the auto climate controls, 4x4 buttons, and steering wheels buttons, one bulb bad in each of the four controls.
Also how do you get the steering wheels buttons out to change them?
And I used oznium leds on my '02, been there about 2 years and not one problem from them.

With the truck off, get a small flat screw driver and insert it around the button until each comes out. Not hard. you can take the airbag off to help you also.

I like my all blue leds , people always compliment me.

LED's draw less power than halogens? I also get a flicker from my dome light every now n then. Just a loose connection somewhere? Or not enough power? Regardless, something electrical is fkn up

First, take off your dash bezel. Unscrew two 7mm screws holding it in the dash. Remove it from the dash. Using a screw driver, carefully pry up on the two slider knobs to remove them. Now turn over the unit. Unplug the harnesses from it if you haven't already done so. Now, you should see four smaller screws on the four corners (don't recall the size, sorry). Unscrew them. You should be able to take to front face plate off now.

I mistakenly took off the circular black thing on the back. Don't do that. :crazy:

First, take off your dash bezel. Unscrew two 7mm screws holding it in the dash. Remove it from the dash. Using a screw driver, carefully pry up on the two slider knobs to remove them. Now turn over the unit. Unplug the harnesses from it if you haven't already done so. Now, you should see four smaller screws on the four corners (don't recall the size, sorry). Unscrew them. You should be able to take to front face plate off now.

I mistakenly took off the circular black thing on the back. Don't do that. :crazy:

The screws on the back are 3/16". And you need to be VERY careful pulling the handles off of the sliders. If the handle is too tight, the metal slider will easily rip right up off the board. Then you are S.O.L. On stubborn AC panels, I have had to Dremel a hole at the bottom of the panel to make a hole to reach in with needle nose pliers to grab the metal slider and hold it down so you can force the handle off of it.
I had to do this with Jimmy's AC panel. The hole isn't visible when the panel is mounted in the dash since its on the very bottom of the panel. I cover the hole with metal tape (like foil duct sealing tape) when I am finished. :security:

Amazon.Com

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Rock auto sells them as well. Somewhere around $50 or so if I remember right.
I had a guy on another forum attempt an LED install and he ripped the slider off. Then he ordered a new one from Rock auto and had it shipped straight to me to have me do the LED install because he was too scared to mess with it after that. :lol: