did some spring cleaning with some adams polishes

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
So I FINALLY get around to getting the truck all cleaned up and put the summer wheels/tires on. i went home to see my dad had already cleaned the cadillac ats up, that glacier blue metallic really pops. truck was very dirty from the winter with road rash, tar, you name it.

The paint isnt too bad, nothing the PC couldnt handle ill just have to figure out how much with what compound to use. I will do that the end of july before the truck show. only thing left after yesterday is to do the interior(waiting on the cleaner to show up) and the exhaust tips with metal polish and and some quick sealant. i was gona get a couple touch ups to it today and clean the tips, but i woke up this morning and its raining! i cant win :ffuuu:

so here is what was done to my truck:

-cleaned the winter wheels/tires with All Purpose Cleaner and Green Wheel Cleaner foam sprayers
-2 bucket adams wash with car shampoo with a bit of All Purpose Cleaner using a jumbo for the top and small for the bottom.
-took the big drying towel to wipe the water off
-cleaned up the summer wheels with Waterless Wash and coated with Quick Sealant and Americana with tires dress with a light coating of SVRT
-clayed the truck using detail spray
-used In&Out on the truck plastics
-glass cleaner on the glass
-coating of buttery wax on the paint.

here is the caddy:

good bye winter setup(washed it at this point only):

and the clean up pics(sun went away of course lol):

yeah. i put in&out on the plastics and it looks like it holds up better to water. i think im just gona use SVRT on the inside vinyl parts and tires so it doesnt run on the paint.

i was trying to trade just to see what they look like with beastmode at carlisle a couple years back but he got rid of his white truck a couple weeks before the show lol. i dont know how chrome would look on my truck being black tinted lights and when i get around to colormatching the chrome. im gona be due for wheels in a year or two because my tires will be worn out and i really dont wanna remount the tires inside out because they have whitewalls. i was thinking of some fuel 20x10's in black with whatever bare metal painted red on some 35x12.5 nitto trail graps. i wish i could fit 20x12's, if i had a fabtech at 9 inches i could but for what i have now im hitting a snidge at full lock reverse. i gotta do the cali fender mod next.