Demolding the RCSB/New badges?

scarber08

Apr 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I've already debadged the truck, now toying with the idea of demolding it as well. The other night I got off of work and noticed that the truck was nice and clean but that the moldings didn't have the same shine. However, I don't really want it to be a naked door. I think it needs something to break it up a little.

Was thinking about slapping some of these on the door in the factory SILVERADO location: OEM EMBLEM VORTEC FOR CHEVROLET SILVERADO(black paint) | eBay

Would like to do VortecMAX badges but the 4.8l can't back that up lol.

Would like some input, thanks.

Truck is in the sig.

What they said. Dont need anything to break the doors up, especially on a RCSB

Alright, thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I'll probably pull the molding in the next week or two. I was looking at it yesterday and apparently the sides are already coming unstuck, so hopefully it'll be a quick ordeal. Not looking forward to removing the tape though, that's for sure.

I agree, de mold, done. but its your truck, so do what you like, don't do it because of what others think.

True, it's my truck and I will do what I want. But, think about it like a haircut. You'll get what you want but you still want to be in the know (aka input from people) so you don't walk around looking like a goofy fuck.

If your going to de-mold, I'd pick up one of the 3M eraser wheels. They tear the glue gunk right off with no damage to the paint. I've used it on my silverado, and I've used it to de-badge a Supra as well.

I think this badge idea looks awesome on NBS trucks. I wanna do this with mine. A lot of dmax guys just run that small oval badge so why not try it on a 1500. Might look kinda funny on a NNBS though cause the badge isnt normally there anyway

Could you post a pic displaying it? Maybe a side shot that shows the truck from bumper to bumper?

Could you post a pic displaying it? Maybe a side shot that shows the truck from bumper to bumper?

4501b76a-a274-ac78.jpg

4501b76a-a2a9-9fd7.jpg

Love it but do want the Vortec badge for mine. The silver would match my wheels and the black would go along with everything else.