Deleting rear NNBS blocks

Alecks

Jul 9, 2012
Not sure if this topic should be in lifting or lowering but I figured lifted guys would know about this. What exactly do I need to know about deleting the rear blocks? Tried searching for, but I can't find some solid info. Daniel (Sanative/D1nman) and I are doing this tomorrow

Last edited:
I started to do mine the other day and realized I wasn't 100% sure on it and tightened u bolts back up. In for info though

Jack up truck and put on jackstands, put jack under rear with pressure on it, loosen ubolts and remove blocks, jack rear up so that it touches the leaf springs again, replace ubolts and tighten, and done
Just make sure you dont move the rear side to side any and you will be fine, nothing difficult and can be done by 1 person but would definitely be easier with 2

Jack up truck and put on jackstands, put jack under rear with pressure on it, loosen ubolts and remove blocks, jack rear up so that it touches the leaf springs again, replace ubolts and tighten, and done
Just make sure you dont move the rear side to side any and you will be fine, nothing difficult and can be done by 1 person but would definitely be easier with 2

:imo: super easy. I wanted to swap mine on my NBS never got around to it.

Sent from my b hole

not sure if I want nnbs block or go ahead and get rc level kit :hmm:

tell Danielle to send me his kthx

how much taller are nnbs blocks over nbs?

.75" shorter if you're talking about z71 blocks iirc

:imo: super easy. I wanted to swap mine on my NBS never got around to it.

Sent from my b hole

Mind going into detail for me..? I'm not sure I get the process and I really don't want to fuck anything up lol

just remember to tighten in a "star" pattern

should only take a few minutes a side

To keep the pressure even, right? I remember reading that in some lift instructions somewhere when installing lift blocks

Just found this installation write up:

I know this has probably been covered already but I thought I'd type up a thread anyways on my experience with removing the blocks and whats needed. It took about an hour to do by myself in the driveway. Only tools needed were 21mm wrench, 21mm deep socket and either ratchet or breaker bar, washers (optional), pb blaster or wd 40, a jack and a jackstand. My truck only has 14000 miles so the bolts were not on there overly tight or caked up with road grime and debris.

Install was easy, do 1 side at a time.

1. Soak threads of lower shock bolts and u-bolts with penetrating oil.
2. Loosen all 4 nuts on u-bolts and remove them, loosen the lower shock bolt/nut and remove.
3. Jack up enough to remove block, and remove the block.
4. Slowly lower the truck back down and locate the alignment pin into axle mount pad.
5. Install u-bolts and bracket
6. (optional) Install washer to act as spacers on u-bolts. Most say that they have no probems and I don't doubt that, I used them for added insurance and piece of mind.
7. Equally tighten all u-bolts and reinstall shock and bolt.
8. Repeat on other side.

That's it in a nutshell, I didn't even remove the wheels to do this and it literally took 45 to 1 hr in my drive way.

Hope this is helpful, Its a basic and easy procedure, just wanted to share.

Mind going into detail for me..? I'm not sure I get the process and I really don't want to fuck anything up lol
Dew wut?

:read: thats word for word what to do lol