Decent front door speaks?

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Either my truck has no front door speakers, or they totally dont work. When i set the fade/balance (whatever one adjusts front to rear) all the way up front, all that plays is the shitty tweeters. Lol so if i ever have anyone in the back seat and the music even somewhat loud for me, it destroys them back there cause thats where its all coming from lol

Soo what kinda speaker would you reccomend for just a decent overall sound? Nothing way fancy or top of the line. I dont need that. they will be just hooked up to my single din HU, no amp or any kind of big power

sent from my fget Ally

Last edited:
I had kicker ds's and they were great. However I just got some pyles in the back and they sound pretty good too.

Are the stock front speakers just horrible in these trucks or what? My factory speakers are not loud at all and I don't fully understand the tweeters either but they barely sound like they're making any noise. The factory audio system in my s10 sounds better and louder than my silverado. I too am in the market for a nice component set.

the focal 165 A1 is a good speaker, while being $140 its a little pricey for their entry speaker. i run alpine type x pro's and they were much higher than that. just go with a reputable brand thats modestly priced like kicker or rockford or jbl (etc) or save up for a quality set of mids and highs

alright ill scope out crutch field and post what i have interest in. im not trying to build a super sound vortex in my truck, just something to replace the empty hole/broken speakers that a totall piece of shit loll maybe ~$80 max. havnt looked at speakers yet so that price may change depending on what theyre going for

Memphis bout two yrs ago had some good ones for gm truck doors that were super nice but since new designs are out i dunno how the new ones look... infinity is always good... but a door speaker in my minr is accented by a good amp or unit to push them...

i have a set of kicker ks series on a amp had them no amp for a while and still sounded good around $60 iirc

Should i replace the rear speakers as well while im at it? Instead of 2 decent ones and 2 lame stockers lol would it make a big difference in sound by switching em all out rather than fronts?

sent from my fget Ally

i'd just fade mostly to the front, the rear 4x6 or whatever suck anyway. Although you can get some plate speakers with a 5 1/4" i think. Personally wouldnt mess with the rear. But i also have a set of amped component speakers up front so it makes up for em.

You can fit a 6.5" if it's a crew in the rear doors, if it's an ext cab 5.25" will fit with out mods. I've seen some people put 6.5" in there but just seem like a waste because you have to cut a good bit to fit them.

Ok so forget the rears lol and ill fade it to the front anyway because its soo much louder back there with having the speakers right next to you and like albow height

And peyton, dnw real good speaks like that haha theyre too high end for my likings/use. Plus they cost more for one speaker new than i wanna pay for two :jester: GLWS though

sent from my fget Ally

im a real noob at this audio stuff again now. all i ever did was just install a sub/amp i got from a friend for $20 in my old car, and that was a while ago so i forget a lot of it aha ill have to look into what it takes/costs for the amped speakers

Last edited:
id rather see something like some components and a small amp running the front than fronts and rears replaced

Ya fuck the rears lol my stock speakers were in there, they just didn't work at all. So we pulled the ones from the parts car for my old car and just threw them in yesterday for now till I figure out what I want to do

sent from my HTC Rezound