Console swapped. Now about this 2 tone...

DO NOT USE THINNER!

I did it based off the recommendation in one of the interior threads and it fucked my dash. Just use a pressure washer and be very patient as it will take a while. I used thinner and it stripper it off very quickly, but it turned it white, almost "dried out" looking. I ended up having to paint mine.

hahahahahaha, trolled. degreaser can turn plastic, what u think thinner is going to do?....

Will grab it tomorrow dude, completely forgot.

hahahahahaha, trolled. degreaser can turn plastic, what u think thinner is going to do?....

Peyton said he used it on his, let it sit for 2 min, and wiped it down immediately after with water. I didn't let it sit even for a full minute for fear of wrecking the dash and it happened anyway.

I know, should have just been patient with the power washer. Live and learn I guess. It'll get redone one of these days.

what kind of thinner did you use? lacquer thinner or paint thinner? and the biodegradable stuff isn't as potent as the normal thinner.

My dad paints, so I used his cheap thinner he cleans his guns with. I knew it was too much after the first small section. I said screw it and did the whole thing and then primer/painted it quick afterwards.

ok, but lacquer thinner or paint thinner? very big difference between the two. both are used for clean up and thinning

To be honest I don't know, but I wanna say lacquer thinner. Figures, that's my luck :laugh:

Just be wary OP, don't use anything harsh if you do use a chemical to strip it.

Fack. That's my luck. Ah well. Will buy another dash one day or properly sand and paint this one.

Too bad you're not closer to me, I've got a top dash pad I decided to not do anything with.

I need new gauge bezel so I can cover up the 1/2in gap.... Or have any of y'all made/formed something to cover it up?

Taking a pic right now before I forget AGAIN. And what do you mean exactly? Can't picture it.

74DD5307-A2BE-4A1C-90AA-56613486F8C0-2809-0000028360CE65B2.jpg

Gap :yuno: