Choosing HIDS

Yeah man a relay is worth it a try. Report back to see if there's still problems after :shake:

Thanks man. :shake:Still waiting on another ballist to come in. Riding with 1 headlight and my two fogs lol good thing they all HIDs

anyone running 3k low beams. im curious how they look in a fullsize. i really like the yellow color. flame me idc.

hid-3000k-1.jpg

6K + 3K fogs.

On lifted, I think it looks ridiculous. Lowered trucks pull it off nicely though IMO. I think it would look awesome...would get them if I was going down...

About to order 35W H11 6000K from DDM Tuning. Should I get a relay harness also? Any reviews on DDM?

I'd get a relay harness, they're pretty cheap.

I had a ballast go out from DDM. Took awhile to actually talk to someone on the phone. For the cost of shipping it out, I could get another set for another $25. Dumb

DDM are pretty good. I've had them in mine for about a yearish now..they are starting to shift so im probably going to pick up some 8k bulbs. Their ballasts are hefty (if you dont get the raptor BS ones)

I was confused and thought raptors were the slim ones.

Get the raptors. There's no difference between the 2 ballasts. One is just smaller for smaller applications (cars, motorcycles etc). We have MORE then enough room to accommodate the bigger ballasts,and you can save the $10 to put towards a cheeseburger or something.

I have the Raptors. Held in place with some automotive grade double sided tape and a zip tie. Im sure you can find a place to mount them.

I've been running a few of Spencers kits for close to 4 years. Not any problems so far.

Though a couple of the other companies I hear good things about is TRS, and VLEDs kits. OLD ddm kits like from a couple years ago were good but their new stuff is JUNK.

Yeah, DDM here no problems. They are the older ones though. Been thinking about going with some slim Xentec ones for the GMC, buddy sells them at his shop and hasn't had any major problems with them.

Idk about the slim xentec ones :shrug: don't know if it the same ones I bought off eBay but I received them and one of the ballast was putting out too much power and blowing a fuse everytime I turned them on. So I emailed them and send me email back the next morning with tracking number on replacement ballast. Now yesterday I go to turn my fogs on and one side doesn't come on. Havnt had time time to hook up another ballast from my lows that I havnt installed to see if it's the ballast or bulb. But so far not liking these. Only paid $59 shipped so I'm not out too much I guess

Yeah, I can get them at his cost for like $25 a set so I might try them out. Plus he said they offer him a year warranty on them and he has a bunch instock. Might just give it a shot. Question though, can you run the 55 watt bulbs with a 35 watt ballast or no?

Im not sure if you can or not. I guess thats why Im not too worried about it because I only paid $59 shipped for 2 sets that come with 2 year warranty. But dnw to replace a balast every other week. Thats too much of a PITA to deal with weekly

Do any of you guys have problems with fm radio interference from your hids? I have spencers hids and the hidden antenna and it come in fine during the day, but when I turn on my hids at night the radio almost completely cuts out. And yes I have my ballests mounted to the plastic headlight brace, not to metal