Calling all with Escalade door handles ( NBS )

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
Looking for ideas of how you complete the escalade door handle swap for the tail gate?

I have esky handles at the shop right now being painted and I am not sure what to do with the tail gate. Currently I have the textured junk and I know I could spend hours sanding and smoothing then painting, and that would be fine if the esky handles didn't have a chrome pull. Is there any options for this? Seems like people paint the whole thing white or shave it. I would not be satisfied with an all white handle when the doors have white and chrome. I also don't want to shave the gate unless it is the only option that I have left. I don't plan on getting a roll pan and I think the shaved gate looks kind of weird with the factory bumper... Thoughts?

Any insight would be appreciated

Thanks In Advance
Jayson.

10177320_10202587951518430_135978461213013626_n.jpg

considering escalades are solid in the rear, I don't think you'll lose sleep over it, unless you just really hate the thought if it being a different color than the other handles. I don't mind, I didn't like the rear chrome personally.

I just put a stick on over a fully painted handle for the tailgate. Could not tell unless you were right up on it

Any parts store will sell the chrome replacement handle. You can paint the bezel then do the chrome handle. That's what I was going to do but mine is shaved.

Sent from Tapashit

Thanks for all the replies and pics. Definitely gives me some stuff to think about. The handles are at the body shop right now and hopefully by the time I get them back I'll have my new centerlines all shined up and ready to go on. Hopefully be a totally different looking truck.

Having the gate not match the doors absolutely drives me batshit crazy. Gonna buy the little chrome handle assembly at the parts store when I get mine painted

I think the way Jared's looks is fine. It's such a miniscule difference. I'm also not a fan of adding chrome to most things. Esky handles are fine but I think chrome tailgate handles look trashy unless done correctly like Tukn4s

What drives me nuts is the texture left in the OE painted tailgate handle bezel. Always sand my own. But if it takes you hours, well, you need to re-evaluate. Should be a 10-15 min job...

I forget where I finally found a painted bezel from gm was a bitch to find and it was expensive and textured underneath the paint. Way better to diy. But I do like the chrome handle pull for the tailgate breaks up the black