Best way to get a rear 5" drop on a CC with welded hangers

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
I have a 2005 Crew cab and it currently has a gansta drop ( cut springs, shackles and center leaf removed ) that sits about 2/4ish. I want to add the the leaf back and possibly get a flip kit. I want to use a mcgaughys or belltech kit but they only offer a 4" or 6" drop with their flip kits. How would I achieve a 5" drop out back? I want to retain 2" - 2.5" drop up front.

Truck will be notched and will be running on 275/45s with new drop shocks

I was also kicking around the idea of drop leafs but many say its a horrible idea, just flip it!

Any advise would be much appreciated! Keep in mind I have a crew cab ( if that matters ) and it has welded front hangers.

Current measurements on 275/55 ( 31.85" tall tire )

Driver Front 31.25
Pass Front 31.50
Driver Rear 32.00
Pass Rear 32.75

Thanks Jayson

I am not ruling out a 4/6 on a 275/45, just want to stick with a 2/5 for the time of being.

What would be the best way to get 4" up front? drop springs and spindles? or drop springs and LCA?

I don't think the 275/45 will look too bad? IDK I like the stuffed look but don't want to jack around with rolling fenders and tubbing it?

I guess it just depends on how it looks when its on the 275/45s

You're gonna want to go lower later, we all do. It's normal lol. Easiest way I go 4 up front would be spindles and coils or you could do the djm 4" arms but I have no experience with those so I can't speak on them. If you do spindles, the mcgaughys 16" wheel spindles or belltech 2508 spindles are the way to go, you'll have less bumpsteer. Rear just run a flip kit of course. On nbs mcgaughys seems to be the best since it keeps the axle from rotating in the u bolts. Pinion angle is preset with their kit from what I understand too, and as for a notch stay away from djm for that. The djm and belltech ones are nice or you can go with a weld in underbed one.

Sent from Tapashit

I am not ruling out a 4/6 on a 275/45, just want to stick with a 2/5 for the time of being.

What would be the best way to get 4" up front? drop springs and spindles? or drop springs and LCA?

I don't think the 275/45 will look too bad? IDK I like the stuffed look but don't want to jack around with rolling fenders and tubbing it?

I guess it just depends on how it looks when its on the 275/45s

I was in SAME boat ur in now. I bought the belltech flip with lift hangers and was gonna do 3/5 but went 4/6. Besides it being WAY easier cuz ur not removing the shackle hangers, it looks better at that drop. I went with McG spings and spindles. I ended up swapping the flip kit for the McG unit as well, I didn't like the design of the Belltech. 275/45 was PERFECT up front and 275/50s out back filled it nicely. Having the 275/45s on a 2/5 will have fender gaps and look like ur riding donk.

Just go 6. I'm 3/6. Perfect DD. Been doing it almost 5 years. Trust me. Skip buying extra rear parts and going back to go lower. Thank me later.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I need to really think about what I want to do with the truck.

Seems like the 4/6 is the easiest route to go. Flip kits are pretty cheap too and I would rather not have extra parts just laying around!

Pics of the guy running the 3/6! and what size tire?

Thanks again

Fuck it dude just do 4/6, in the end your going to want to go 5/8 and maybe even 6/9 might as well just get 4/6 get use to it and keep going lower. I'm 4/6 on 275-40-20, I had 45 when I first got dropped but I found these and they had more tread so I switched.

Not sure if I want to go smaller than a 275/45. I have 430 gears lol! Im currently riding on a 275/55 and I run about 2600-2700 at 75 mph

The 4/6 does look clean as hell. Probably going to start shopping for parts next week.

Does anyone by chance know what size shocks to use with a 6" flip kit? What brands ride well at this ride height?

Probably going to use mcgaughys parts unless there are reasons not too

Thanks!

I did this, and it was dumb to be honest! Get a flip kit for a 6" drop and run helper bags and inflate to a 5" height!

Not sure if I want to go smaller than a 275/45. I have 430 gears lol! Im currently riding on a 275/55 and I run about 2600-2700 at 75 mph

The 4/6 does look clean as hell. Probably going to start shopping for parts next week.

Does anyone by chance know what size shocks to use with a 6" flip kit? What brands ride well at this ride height?

Probably going to use mcgaughys parts unless there are reasons not too

Thanks!

I run ALL McG stuff minus shocks...im using belltech nitrodrop2 shocks. FUCK the belltech flip kit....fuck it, don't ever run it. Run the McG flip, notch and bags...they work PERFECTLY together.

I run 255/45 and 255/50 on 410s...love it.