BB's 02 RCSB Build

Nobody likes a bragger..... lol

Here's a couple more.

D2462D70-F8D8-4D11-AFBC-9BEB5990DD51.jpg

5098E055-933C-4659-9288-951278B5D718.jpg

Looks like the rear axle is going to need some narrowing to clear those?

Yeah. It's already narrowed 1.5" per side now, but I'll have to go a few more inches to make these fit.
Planning on swapping over to a 3 link too.

Noiceee. Can't wait to see this done

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Same.. Been waiting for this for a long time.

But it looks sooooo good on the current wheels

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks dude. I'm hoping to make it look that much better.

Yeah. It's already narrowed 1.5" per side now, but I'll have to go a few more inches to make these fit.
Planning on swapping over to a 3 link too.

Thanks dude. I'm hoping to make it look that much better.

Sounds like you should just get a Ford 9" rear axle while you're at it.

Lol! That's what my buddy at torqd was saying. That or a 12 bolt.
I already have moser shafts for this axle, and they'll narrow and re spline them for a lot less than buying new..

Well a 12 bolt still has c clips, advantage to a 9" is a stronger center section and no c clips, plus big outer bearings. I know the truck doesn't put down a lot of power, but I always like to make upgrades for the future when I'm forced to change something like the axle.

So Brett Ross and I have been talking exstensively about the build. He's been very helpful.
In other news, under frame 3 link, bag brackets and gas tank cross member was ordered from Keith at Nfamus today. I decided to run their gas tank crossmember for ease of installation with the wishbone. That and it just seems a little cleaner.
Also got some Accuair coming. Just went with the VU4 and Switchspeed controller for now. Once I decide what I'm doing with the frame I'll order the elevel.

Looking at lockers and ring gears now. Probably going with 3.73 Yukon and Eaton Detroit Truetrac.
I'll replace all of the seals and bearings when I re-narrow the axle housing. Going another 2.75" on each side for a total of 8.5" off of the factory axle housing length.

Last edited:
It's a 4.3 right now, but I'll be swapping in either a 5.3 or a 6.0. Not really looking for crazy power, just a V8 with a nice lope to it.
I'm going to set the rearend up how I want it when I narrow the housing this time. That way I won't have to tear it all down again.

I'd have to look at the shipping labels to tell you how much the wheels and tires weigh. I don't know off hand.

Last edited:
Wheels are going to look great on there. HRBB has some nice ones.. I really want the HR01's.

Jegs got some business this morning. Ordered my Detroit Truetrac, ring gear and rebuild kit.
I went with Motive 3.73 Ring and Pinion instead of Yukon. Read lots of reviews that said the Motives were more quiet than the Yukon.
Also ordered some Timken wheel bearings from Rockauto. Best price I found on the interwebs and they offer free shipping.

Patiently waiting to get everything here and put on the truck.

Last edited: