Adams Small Review APC

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
This is a small review of Adams APC (All Purpose Cleaner).

When I first got the product I didn't have hopes (its an APC that's like reinventing the wheel). But when I first used the product I was amazed. I first used it to clean my seat belts which made them look brand new. Then used them on the engine which had excellent results (also followed by UC Spray). All around it is an awesome product, but there are some down sides.

Cons:
Its DAMN strong.
The bigger bottle (32OZ) has two settings, foam and stream which both use too much product. I cleaned 4 tires and rims with it and the 32OZ bottle is half gone. The smaller bottle has a stream and spray function which is way better.
If you have any sort of spray painted items, handles bumpers etc etc. It will remove that spray paint no problem.
If you have General Tire Red Labels or any sort of white wall it will start to remove that color. My tires looked like they were bleeding red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get an extra bottle and dilute it 50/50 with water. That has plenty of strength to take care of everything except the serious serious business, then use the full

sent from your HTC Rezound

Get an extra bottle and dilute it 50/50 with water. That has plenty of strength to take care of everything except the serious serious business, then use the full

Never tried this but have definitely been meaning too, just ordered a gallon of this stuff. Works great for sure! :shake:

True but would make sense to sell as a concentrate then.

True true. I get halfway through my gallon before I even started to dilute. But i don't like using the spray nozzle when doing my tires or wheels. I prefer the foam one. I like the thick barrier of foam over just a thin liquid for em

True true. I get halfway through my gallon before I even started to dilute. But i don't like using the spray nozzle when doing my tires or wheels. I prefer the foam one. I like the thick barrier of foam over just a thin liquid for em

Don't have foam sprayers :(

O rly? I thought it came standard? My 36oz and two 16oz came with white foam sprayer. But i dropped the one 16oz and cracked it, so it leaks when I spray.. I threw a regular black spray/stream nozzle on and use that for basically all but wheels, tarz, fenders

Its not even thought on bigger tires, and if you do get it even half the bottle is gone on bigger tires. An even spray would work 20 times better.

O rly? I thought it came standard? My 36oz and two 16oz came with white foam sprayer. But i dropped the one 16oz and cracked it, so it leaks when I spray.. I threw a regular black spray/stream nozzle on and use that for basically all but wheels, tarz, fenders

My bottles are oldddd so I prolly just haven't gotten new bottles lol

Good stuff in here!

As you noticed, not all APCs are created equal. Ours is about 4X stronger than common cleaners like Simple Green.

I keep two bottles around. One at full strength and one mixed 50:50 with distilled water. The 50:50 bottle gets used 90% of the time. I only use it full strength for really nasty jobs or cleaning tires full of silicone junk.

Regarding the sprayers, the foaming ones certainly make the APC stick better, especially on vertical surfaces like tires. You don't lose nearly as much due to run-off that comes with the standard sprayers.

Your experience is pretty typical of first-time APC users. You've now noticed how strong it is, so you'll use less next time. Not to mention diluting it, that will help stretch out your supply even longer.

When using the foam sprayer i go through a ton of APC. I usually do two rounds on each tire but after that they are spotless. I also use APC to pre treat nasty spots on SS, WW and GW drying towels.

When using the foam sprayer i go through a ton of APC. I usually do two rounds on each tire but after that they are spotless. I also use APC to pre treat nasty spots on SS, WW and GW drying towels.

Exactly,

I have 35 inch tires, in order to at least coat the entire tire I'm using half the bottle. When i pour it into the smaller bottle it works WAY more effective + you use a lot less.

I love this stuff. My wife even uses it to clean the kitchen and the bathroom. Its the best cleaner/degreaser to clean the stove with. Plus its not corrosive and full of fumes like oven cleaner is. Its also the best engine degreaser I have ever used. Full strength, this stuff will liquify more grease than carb or brake cleaner. I always watch for the deals on the gallons. :lol: