Ac acting up

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
2003 silverado LT with dual climate control and stuff

Ok so 2 months or so my blower motor resistor went out. My fan was on full speed all the time, wouldn't even turn off even with the truck off. I had to take the fuse out every time. Blew cold, but wouldn't stop. Now, after fixing that it started blowing outside temp air. Replaced low pressure valve and put more freon in and it works. Blows cold but now my problem is sometimes it won't blow at all, no matter what fan speed. Most of the time I have to stop and turn the truck off, open the door to turn the RAP thing off so the radio will go off, then turn it back on. Like I said blows cold but sometimes just won't work what's the problem?

Hmm I'll check on the recall. The 03's seem weird, for instance my blower motor resistor couldn't be found by anyone, napa, autozone, oreily, stealership, noone. So had to order the other one and splice.

I turned on my ac last Friday for the first time since august and it sounded like a misfire it was a loud pop. Got freaked pulled over and checked it out but everything was fine

Google this, I had it done last year, for free.

#10240: Special Coverage Adjustment-Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Blower Not Fully Functional or Inoperative - (May 9, 2011)

Update.... Brought it to a pretty well known and old shop around here. They said the clutch on the compressor was bad, and the blower motor and blower motor resistor were bad..... totals to like $1300

:roflpuke: :lol: :bishplz:

So anyways, it works and blows cold if i leave it on. Neither am i paying anywhere close to $1300, or $1000