'77 C-10 (07Burb's baby!!)

07burb

May 11, 2012
Ok, being a newbie here I thought I'd introduce you to my truck. Some of you have already seen it in my build threads on other forums but here is a condensed version. Have had the truck since Nov. 2003 and it's gone through quite the transformation since and will continue to change. This is the one vehicle that I own that will never go up for sale and will eventually be past on to my kids. My dad and I have built it as a father/son project. Most don't start those in their mid 20's but I did and I'm glad we did it. It's made the truck that much more special!

Anyhoot, on to the pics. I'll try and make this concise....

The day we bought it
77000219003.jpg

Made it home (500 miles away) with very few issues
Truck2.jpg

TruckBack.jpg

TruckInterior.jpg

tired 305...
TruckEngine.jpg

...And here it is now. We did all of the work ourselves in my garage other than putting the color on it. I did all the body work in my garage, too, then took it to a buddy to spray the color on it.

NBS seats...Major work for this mod but well worth it...
100_7277.jpg

Dakota Digital Gauges
100_7279.jpg

350 Crate motor
NewEngine2.jpg

Basically how she sits now...
DSCN2989-1-1.jpg

DSCN2995.jpg

DSCN2997.jpg

...and here is a quick Photobucket vid on how she sounds. Dual flowmaster 40 mufflers with Dynomax headers and no cats...

Future plans is an infinitely long list but here's a quick overview

--go a little lower
--Get the AC working on it again
--window tint
--Tounneau cover
--Different rims (haven't decided what yet). I'll most likely stay conservative on rim choice for this ride unless I get extreme with it and lay it in the weeds. I only like big rims on these square bodies if they are laying on the ground otherwise a nice set of old school rallies can go a LONG ways on these trucks IMO.

that truck sounds good Burb :D

is this thread posted on that other forum? i dont remember seeing it. i saw your 99-02 seat conversion thread though.

btw, you have really white legs

Looks real good man! I actually love the rims, just get some bigger meats instead of lowering! :) Truck would look amazing with a conservative lift, those rims, and a little larger tires. Also, IMO the OEM mirrors go better with the truck too.

that truck sounds good Burb :D

is this thread posted on that other forum? i dont remember seeing it. i saw your 99-02 seat conversion thread though.

btw, you have really white legs

Yes it is. I actually have my full build thread over there, too.

Looks real good man! I actually love the rims, just get some bigger meats instead of lowering! :) Truck would look amazing with a conservative lift, those rims, and a little larger tires. Also, IMO the OEM mirrors go better with the truck too.

Thanks man :shake: Those mirrors are OEM but for a '73 as opposed to the "dumbo" mirrors that cam on it originally. Just never have been a huge fan of those personally. I, too, like the rims overall. Definitely can't complain with price of them either :) I haven't 100% decided what I'm going to as far as stance. I keep going back and forth on it :/