24" tire/wheel on lowered truck.

4:30

Apr 23, 2016
24" tire/wheel on lowered truck.

I've gotta 2011 Silverado and I'm wondering what size tire I would need with 24" wheels with a 4/6 drop. Also, how wide of a tire/wheel can you go on these trucks and still be able to tuck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think the widest wheel you can fit is x12 without modifying the leaf Springs but I may be wrong. I know you can't go wider. You would have to narrow the rear on x12s though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think the widest wheel you can fit is x12 without modifying the leaf Springs but I may be wrong. I know you can't go wider. You would have to narrow the rear on x12s though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yea I'm not looking to go that wide right now. More like 9.5" if I won't have rubbing issues up front.

9.5-10" is pretty standard. At 4/6 drop I ran 295/35/24s and they were right at home. If you plan on going any lower, 295/30/24s. Once I added 295/20/24s, I went from 4/7 to about 5/9

9.5-10" is pretty standard. At 4/6 drop I ran 295/35/24s and they were right at home. If you plan on going any lower, 295/30/24s. Once I added 295/20/24s, I went from 4/7 to about 5/9

Will the 295/30/24 look right at 4/6 and still work with 5/7? In case I go lower in the future.

Sorry for the delay, I had helpers even at 4/7, when I decided to go 5/9 still with helpers, I put underbed notch, rear tubs, and a two piece.

Sorry for the delay, I had helpers even at 4/7, when I decided to go 5/9 still with helpers, I put underbed notch, rear tubs, and a two piece.

I think I'm just gonna go 4/6 for now and notch and run helpers later on. How big of a notch do they make before cutting into the bed?

depends on what size notch you want, they make general bolt on notches, which still require you cutting frame, I put a big underbed notch on mine, perfect.

At 25 psi I still tap the frame on big bumps at 7" in rear. Not sure what the psi raises it up to be

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

depends on what size notch you want, they make general bolt on notches, which still require you cutting frame, I put a big underbed notch on mine, perfect.

I got ya. Yea I won't mind cutting the frame I'm just trying to get as much clearance as possible without cutting into the bed.