For Sale: 2001 Silverado 2500 HD Lifted on 38s

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCncsuHD

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Mar 8, 2011
Salisbury, NC
The time has finally come, I have too many trucks and too many projects, so one has to go.

I have for sale a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4. The truck is a 6.0 V8 with power windows, locks, AC, and graphite cloth interior. It has 130,000 miles, and has been meticulously maintained by me. Mobil 1 Synthetic oil, transmission fluid, and axle lube, since I bought the truck with 60,000 miles in 2005. The exterior of the truck is in excellent shape, there are zero scratches anywhere on the truck, it has never been in any accident. The mirrors, bumper, fender flares, door handles and grille were professionally painted to match the truck in 2010 (these pieces were originally black on these trucks). The interior is clean, with no rips/tears/stains at all. With the 5.13 gears, this truck still gets up and goes and pulls trailers just as well as a stock truck if not better. This is a non smoking truck.

Suspension:
8" Fabtech lift with optional dual steering stabilizers, HD tie rods, and dual shock hoop
Cognito steering braces (pitman and idler arm)
Bilstein 5150 Reservoir shocks in the front, Bilstein 5125 Monotubes in the rear.
4" Offroad Design Shackle flip, Zero Rate, and 1" block in the rear,
Upgrade front suspension jounce bumper from 2010 2500HD Z71 (polyurethane rather than foam rubber)
38x15.50x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers with less than 4000 miles on them, These were over $2000 new last year
20x10 Akuza Bounce Chrome wheels

Engine/Drivetrain:
6.0 Vortec V8
K&N FIPK Cold Air Intake
4" Stainless Magnaflow exhaust, dumped over the rear axle with a 5" stainless.
EFILive custom PCM tune,
5.13 Precision Gears ratio in front and rear axles, automatic locking differential
Speedometer/odometer matched to 38" tires and rear end ratio
Upgraded 135A Alternator
2005+ Silverado Electric fans with Nelson Performance harness
B&M SuperCooler 28,000 GVWR transmission cooler

Interior:
Center seat/console from 2007 Silverado, adds additional cup holders and storage
Kenwood x794 CD/Stereo/Ipod/MP3 (has aux input under the dash, and a hideaway ipod connector inside the console, control your Ipod from the radio or remote control)
2 10" RE Audio Subwoofers in custom built box
MA Audio 1800 watt amp
6.5" Kicker speakers in the doors
20% Tinted windows

Exterior:
Custom painted color matched mirrors, grille, bumper, handles, and fender flares
Billet grille
Z71 Tahoe Air dam and fog lights
HID 5000K Headlights and fog lights
Side moldings and emblems removed for a cleaner look. I still have these if you want them to go with the truck.
"Candied" Tail lights, (yellow/amber portion of tail lights tinted red to match the rest of the light)
LineX Spray in bedliner

I do not need to sell this truck, I simply do not drive it as much as I used to, and I could use the room in my shop. The only trades considered would be a 4 door diesel truck, or a newer 4 door fuel efficient car for my wife. Asking $15,000 or best offer. Truck is located in Statesville, NC.

DSCN3287.jpg

DSCN3290.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

055.jpg

2011-07-04_16-29-22_38.jpg

2011-04-24_17-40-00_260-1.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

001.jpg

052.jpg

Last edited:
If I could sell my 09 right now I would show up with cash in hand, one of the best looking trucks on the site.

i will personally fly out there and kick you in the cunt if you actually sell this fucking thing.srsly :crossarms:

I would set your mazdarati on fire to keep you from selling this truck...but that fucker would probably keep running

First post updated with a few details I left out, and a couple more pics. Drove it to prom on Saturday night (wife and I were chaperones at her school), threw a fresh coat of wax on it. I'm already feeling a little depressed about selling, but it's out there now... I'll try to get some new pics, those are all from last summer, but nothing has changed since except the "2500HD" emblem removed, and maybe drove it 1500 miles.

i will personally fly out there and kick you in the cunt if you actually sell this fucking thing.srsly :crossarms:
:aintmad:
What's the damage?
The price is in the first post.
I would set your mazdarati on fire to keep you from selling this truck...but that fucker would probably keep running
:cdrop::bertstare:
you won't sell it.
:foreal:
Could not believe it when I saw it on fb.

G, post some engine bay pics to show it's colormatched there too :shake:
Couldn't believe it either. I actually hadn't really put any thought into it at all, it was a spur of the moment decision that just felt right. If you asked me one week ago if it was for sale, I would have laughed at the thought. Saturday was the 1 year anniversary of one of the worst days in mine and my wife's life, so we sat around the house all morning talking about the future, and the idea came up that we needed a change and this was one of the results...I don't "want" to sell it, and neither does she, but we both see the logic in letting it go after 7 years.

Thanks for all the well wishes, and threats of bodily/Mazda harm. :bird: I've had a few interested bites on it so far...so we'll see.

Last edited:
Hopefully it goes to a good home. If they aren't on the forum, tell whoever buys it to get on here.
One of my favorite trucks of all time hands down.
I don't want to say good luck with the sale, just because it'll suck to see it go. But life changes, and I'm sure everyone can respect that.

Hopefully it goes to a good home. If they aren't on the forum, tell whoever buys it to get on here.
One of my favorite trucks of all time hands down.
I don't want to say good luck with the sale, just because it'll suck to see it go. But life changes, and I'm sure everyone can respect that.

Thanks man, I'll definitely tell whoever buys it about the forum, although, I almost would rather it sell to someone out of state, not on the forums, so I'd never have to see it if it wasn't well taken care of by the new owner...I saw my Dmax not long after I sold it, about an hour and a half away, still had the denali's, H2s and 35s, but with a construction logo, a ladder rack, and dirty as all get out :(

Any specific brand of 4dr diesel truck you looking to get into?
Not necessarily, LBZ or LMM Duramax, 7.3L powerstroke (don't want a 6.0, had too many issues with the 2 we've had already, unless it's got all the goodies, egr delete, oil cooler, head studs, HPOP, etc.) or Cummins. Would prefer a 6spd on all but Duramax, but not a necessity.

Thanks

i say definately tell them about the forum.that way if we see them mistreating it we go apeshit on their ass and knock some sense into em

i say definately tell them about the forum.that way if we see them mistreating it we go apeshit on their ass and knock some sense into em

2 maybes coming to look at it this week...When does your plane land at Charlotte Douglas International Airport?:dealwithit: Wiffeh coming with? :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.